Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tresemme Fashion's Finest 2012


Last week, my Tita Tinette joined a hair show as a Hair Ambassador for Tresemme's Fashion's Finest 2012. It was a fashion show and formal 4-course dinner after.



Upon entering, this was what they had instead of a photo wall. Guests had to stand and pose in front of the sign before entering. No, those aren't tea lights on the floor! They're little LED battery-powered "candles" that even flickered like real ones. Isn't that so cool?!


Pass-around risotto balls while waiting for the curtains to open. The food was all care of Cibo di M, so everything was so good!


At each cocktail table there was flat bread with a cheese spread. This was good too, not as filling as the risotto balls though.


And the curtains finally opened and we had to look for our places at the table! We each had our own places complete with name cards! The last time I had gone to a dinner with a name card before this might have been a debut, but I really only remember having them last at my graduation ball in my high school! So it was nice to have a place setting which was personalized just for me.


And this is a sneak peek of the fashion show! There were 4 designers who presented at the event, each styled by the three Tresemme Aficionados: JC Buendia, Jun Escario, Francis Libiran, and Cary Santiago. My Tita Tinette was one of the hair and makeup stylists for this night.


The Tresemme Team posing for the camera. L-R Tinette Ozamiz-Puyat, Victor Ortega, Jing Monis, all stylists, Raymond Gutierres, the Creative Vistuoso, Kelly Misa, Backstage Onlooker and Liz Uy, Style Arbiter.


And now we go on to the food! The first course was a Parmigiano Reggiano Buddino. The whole thing was cheese! It was good but so rich. Good thing it was a small serving or else I wouldn't have been able to finish it. The cream sauce was also made out of cheese, the block was a soft type of cheese and the topper was a crisp cheese. 



The second course, I got allergic with my first bite! This was an Open Raviolo with Seafood Ragu. I was hoping it wouldn't have any shrimp or lobster in it but sadly that mostly what was in it. It was good, but one bite and my mouth immediately began to itch. I ate the pasta on top of it (since it was an open ravioli, it didn't have any under) and it was alright.


I immediately regretted even picking at my second course because the third course was to die for! I had a hard time finishing it. Braised angus short ribs with a wine sauce and little potato mash profiteroles. The beef was so soft and the fast was marbled in. So good and rich!


The last course I didn't enjoy so much. Crepe Mille-Feuille, with mixed berries and cream as well as truffle honey. I have had a wonderful crepe cake many times in my life (it's my favorite!) so this one fell short of my expectations. Plus, I didn't like the way there was truffle in a dessert, so that put me off from the first bite. Sad to say I wasn't happy with both the flavor and texture of this course.


Happy family with Tita Tinette. Love you and thanks for taking us, T! <3 p="p">


1 comment: