Saturday, September 29, 2012

I'm Wide Awake: China Glaze Smoke and Ashes and Essie LuxEffects Shine of the Times

Despite my pink and always-girly and happy aura, sometimes you have to fall from cloud nine.

We all have to be honest, life's not always happy. I know I choose to see the world in technicolor no matter what, but some days are just too dull for me. I like to be OA like that, and because I felt not too good a few days back, I decided to make the world know by painting my nails black. But not all of you know that that's the reason to why I did.



Oh well. Now, you do. Haha


L-R Sally Hansen SALON EFFECTS Base Coat, China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, Essie LuxEffects Shine of the Times,  Sally  Hansen SALON EFFECTS Top Coat


China Glaze Smoke and Ashes is the closest shade I have to a deep black. On the bottle, it has beautiful green and blue flecks, but those only show under the sun. I was about to say it was just like a cheesy metaphor for something, but never mind. HAHA omg I didn't know I was so sad today!


My first time to layer my Essie Shine of the Times on top of a black. To tell you the truth, I only got this polish last summer because it was a new thing and I wanted to try it out. Not yet sure about how I feel about it yet because all of my polishes are glittery already!


Close up of the flakie polish. It's called flakie because it's made up of little holographic pieces in different shapes, kind of like flakes. These ones range from a red to yellow to green.


Yup, just about sums up how I'm feeling.


I will get through this. 'til the next post!

1 comment: