Saturday, June 4, 2011

DIY in Hawaii



Because I have been bringing my LV Speedy 30 around EVERYWHERE, including my hikes, I have resolved to make a new beach bag. I don't know what my problem is, I didn't bring my Longchamp Eiffel with me. Well at the time I was packing, I had just gotten out of school so maybe I didn't want to be reminded of it. HAHA I had been using that as a school bag for my entire third year of college.

So how did I make these babies? click over the jump to learn more!









I found these plain, natural-color canvas bags at Walmart on clearance for 6.99 USD. I almost didn't find them, I'm actually lucky I decided to look in the clearance section because there weren't any plain bags in the regular section.


Ready to draw on the bags! I got some fabric markers by Sharpie (left) and some regular fine ones (right). The fabric markers were pretty cool but I din't end up using them much because the theme was neon, and I wasn't really going for a neon design. The paint tips were very useful in shading though.

I taped some lines on and used them as guides to make straight rows. Oops, I made a mistake. I'll find a way to fix that up later!


The big question was, what print should I make around it? After quite a long debate, I decided to use my inspiration, which was the trip to the zoo just a few days before I made this. Giraffes! Will post about that soon. :)


Everything went even down to the bottom of the bag and through it...


Almost done! I wasn't planning on putting around the sides, but after a few hours of looking at it and thinking it lacked stuff around those areas, I decided to put.


I think that because of the print, the stripes really stand out. I also put the same initials as the one on my Speedy. :)


And because I'm such a great daughter, I made one for my mom, too! Haha. Everything was her design. I just made it for her. :)

'Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment