Monday, March 21, 2011

A Pretty Splendid gadget

Hello everybody! It's my first gadget post on Pretty Splendid, and I'm so excited to talk about it :D

So I'm finally ready to partition my Mac hard drive and adding Parallels to my system interface so that I can use AutoCAD :) Along with my nail polish, I got something else!


A new 1TB external hard drive that I am very, very happy with. I got it on Amazon.com for 117 USD, which is an amazing price, compared to my last hard drive that I bought and sold within 2 months. Though the WD My Passport Essential (the PC version) was cheaper than the WD Passport for Mac, I decided to trust my instincts and get the Mac version because after my major problems with my old hard drive, I wasn't going to take any chances with an iffy hard drive. I really researched about this guy before getting him, took a chance, and here he is!

Compared to my old hard drive, the 500GB LaCie Rugged, this one is SO TINY! The dimensions are 4.3" x 3.2" x 0.7", and placed beside the iPhone, they're roughly the same size.

It's also a little thicker than the iPhone, but still tiny! I was very impressed that for 1TB of space, it's so tiny and light! Definitely not a hassle at all to take around with me. :)



I chose silver over dark blue and red because though it's a boring color, it matches with my Macbook Pro and was cheaper than its colored siblings. Though it doesn't come with a firewire or power cord, backing up all of my files using Time Machine was no problem at all. It was easy, fast and pain-free :D It took about 4 hours to back up all 200GB of my computer.

So there, super happy me signing off! Hope you guys enjoyed this post. More to come soon!

2 comments: